The Funding Purpose
Essential Community Sport Assets Program is a key recovery measure of the Sport Infrastructure Recovery Fund to help communities assess, repair, reconstruct and build flood resilience into sport facilities enabling normal activities to return sooner.
Who can apply?
- NSW Office of Sport recognised NSW State Sporting Organisations (including National Sporting Organisations where the state body is part of a unitary governance model)
- Incorporated, community-based, not-for-profit sporting organisations (clubs and associations whose primary purpose is to organise sporting activities/deliver sport programs)
- Organisations providing sport programs that benefit the community, such as PCYCs, YMCA and YWCA
- Private enterprises (companies established under the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth), incorporated associations established under the Associations Incorporation Act 2009 (NSW) or incorporated limited partnerships established under the Partnership Act 1892 (NSW).
Types of eligible projects
- Be in an eligible LGA - listed on this web page: https://www.sport.nsw.gov.au/grants/sport-infrastructure-recovery-fund#About-program
- Be for the repair, restoration, or betterment of directly damaged community sport facilities in eligible LGAs that were included in the Australian Government declared natural disasters from:
- 22 February 2022 onwards: NSW severe weather and flooding disaster (AGRN 1012)
- 27 June 2022 onwards: NSW floods and storms (AGRN 1025).
- Have a project grant request which is:
- a minimum of $15,000 and does not exceed $500,000 under Stream two
- Not be covered by insurance or any other NSW or Australian Government grant programs or flood recovery initiatives.
- Applicants should submit a landowner consent form for the project on the land on which the facility is located. For projects located on public land a signed letter of consent or declaration from the appropriate authorised delegate must be provided.
How may we help you?
Our team of grant writing specialists has a successful track record in assisting sporting and recreation groups secure funding through government programs to help with the ongoing infrastructure upgrades needed to recover from a spate of natural disasters.
Why not enlist a specialist grants consultant to give your project the best chance of funding success?
Feel free to contact us via the below form with a brief description of your project details and let's explore how we can assist you in putting together an award-winning funding application.